All events are held at Heritage Park unless otherwise noted.
Activities are subject to public health conditions and safety protocols.
Kathleen Area Historical Society preserves and promotes our history through various programs and events throughout the year including:
- Monthly Spaghetti Supper Fundraisers – the 2nd Thursday of every month from 4 to 7 p.m. – diners can eat in or take out. Enjoy fellowship with area residents and support the Society, too!
- Free Community Outreach programs with guest speakers on historical topics – January through April.
- Heritage Day – the 3rd Saturday of March, celebrate the anniversary of the founding of the Kathleen Area Historical Society with pioneer skills demonstrations, a cakewalk, children’s activities, vendors, good food, and live entertainment.
- Every Picture Tells A Story – Support our initiative to collect, scan, and preserve historical photos from the area, along with the stories they tell. Contact email@example.com to arrange for scans of your original photographs and to share your stories.
- Fall Festival with Cane grinding and syrup making – the 1st Saturday in November. Watch and learn the pioneer skills of cane grinding and syrup making and enjoy breakfast at very reasonable prices under the old oak tree. Renew friendships and reminisce; syrup available for purchase.
A Speaker’s Bureau is also available to offer a presentation to your club or organization.
Contact us for additional information on any event at firstname.lastname@example.org or 863-944-5656.